- Category: Uncategorised
- Published on Wednesday, 27 July 2016 16:05
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 4837
In accordance with ESEA Section 1111(h)(6) PARENTS RIGHT-TO-KNOW, the Lexington City School System is notifying every parent of a student in a Title I school that you have the right and may request information regarding the professional qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher. This information regarding the professional qualifications of your child’s classroom teachers including, at a minimum, the following:
- 1.Whether the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- 2.Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived;
- 3.The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree; and
- 4.Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
If at any time your child has been taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who is not highly qualified, the school will notify you in a separate letter.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact your school principal or the LCSS Federal Programs and Grants Department at the School Service Center.
For more information about Title I see http://www.tn.gov/education/fedprog/fptitle2a.shtml